TL;DR: We regret that we have decided to shut down zilWatch for good on 20 Feb 2022. We will also shut down our Twitter and Telegram group shortly after that.
First, we would like to express our sincere gratitude to our genuine users and supporters. A big THANK YOU! You know who you are, and we will not be where we are today without all of you. Your support has kept us going for the past 10 months. We would also like to thank you for all your contributions to ZILO, it’s really heartwarming to see we have genuine and loyal supporters. Thank you for dropping words of encouragement once in a while too!
Second, sincere apologies to all of our users because you won’t have the same dashboard you have been using in the past 10 months. It was an extremely tough decision and disheartening that we are letting our users down. However, we believe this is for the best interest for both the team and you.
Third, you might ask, why shutdown? You might think that there are many other options to keep the site alive. e.g., introduce paid subscription, try to raise funds again, pivot and build other monetizable products, etc.
We have carefully considered our options and decided to shut down for the following reasons:
- We foresee that our current team’s bandwidth cannot keep up with the new developments in Zilliqa to keep the dashboard up-to-date and relevant (e.g., new DEXes, tokens, staking, NFTs, features, and other new things to track in the dashboard)
- We don’t wish to compromise our product quality just for the sake of keeping the dashboard alive. We would like to build an excellent product with the best user experience possible.
- zilWatch has been developed and run by us for free for the last 10 months, without taking a single cent from anyone. We have sacrificed a huge amount of our own effort, time, and money. Our plan was to raise funds to hire more developers and self-sustain to be able to achieve (1), however it was unsuccessful.
- From the amount raised in ZILO, we realized that raising funds through any other means will result in a similar outcome. The amount would not be enough to self-sustain the project. Hence there is no reason for us to continue unless it’s purely for altruistic reasons.
We have learnt a lot from building zilWatch, both the good and the bad. Thank you for the opportunity to be able to serve all of you. We hope our paths will cross again in the future.
Bonus: Early supporter surprise event details
If the fundraise (ZILO) was successful, we planned to airdrop our users who:
- Have used zilWatch and connected their wallet to zilWatch before the early supporter event announcement
- Registered the same wallet in the early supporter registration banner
- (Bonus) Extra airdrop amount if the wallet holds $ZWT in random snapshots after the token launch
However, the token launch was unsuccessful and we have decided to shut down. We are truly sorry that the surprise event has to be canceled.